Followers

Friday, 13 February 2015

Orange Envelope Album

I spent a lovely day showing a couple of Pals how to make this envelope album last week, fun was had by all with some wonderful results.



The album cover is quite neutral, made from an old cereal packet covered with a kraft file. A few left over pieces of card from decorating the inside, two can tabs, some flowers and part of an old keyring decorate the cover. I added a little yellow distress ink around the edges and on the flowers to finish and ribbon to close.



The album base is made from good old envelopes and lots of pockets were added for plenty of photo mats and tags. All the mats and tags were decorated with bright coloured and patterned papers.




Monday, 9 February 2015

Starting a Blog take 2

On the advice of some lovely ladies I know, I have decided to move my blog from wordpress to blogspot, as I am only a couple of posts in me and my questionable computer skills thought now is the time.

I really didn't want to lose my first post, so have copied and pasted it over xxxx

I was inspired by the latest issue of Craft Stamper, so though I would pull out the paint box and make a couple of art journals as gifts for friends ( said pals might not be getting them till after Christmas, but they would expect nothing less from me and love me despite my lateness xxx ).
photo 4 (1)
The inside is a good weight paper/card that will take a lot of different media The covers are made from Tim Holtz’s grunge paper, which I primed with gesso. I then picked four different colour paints for each one, the paints were a mixture of Rangers paint dabber’s and Paperartsy fresco finish paints. I painted a base layer mixing the chosen colours then added layers with different masks and texture stamps (made by The artistic stamper). when these layers were dry I blobbed black ink over them both. photo 3 (1)To finish the green journal I used black string, a brad and some green plastic disks to make the closure and some white paper flowers, metal pieces and beads I had in my stash as decoration.
photo 2 (3)
To finish the one above, I made a closure from buttons and black string, then added painted chipboard shaped and metal pieces from my stash.