Followers

Friday, 2 October 2015

Colour Burst Christmas Tags


Hi All

Now I know most people are shaking there heads at me right now, but I love Christmas and it will be here sooner than we think. Every year I try to make my own gift tags, One year I an determined to make enough.

I recently treated myself to some of Ken Oliver's Colour Bursts, I have seen them in action before and had a little play with a friends and it never ceases to amaze me how bright and fun they are to play with.

I cut the tags from different pieces of card from my stash, to see how the colour burst would react on them. These were mostly a pearl and a coated card stock, on which I sprinkled a small amount of the power and sprayed with water. The first and second ones were only sprayed a little, the third and fourth were quiet heavily sprayed with water.


I liked the backgrounds just as they were. So I just stamped and embossed  
an Icicle from The Artistic Stamper with Black embossing powder over the top and edged them with Distress Ink. 




 Thanks for reading
Gem x






3 comments:

  1. Lovely tags, but honestly Gemma, Christmas already lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, I really, really like Christmas. Looking back at this post I am slightly confused, I took those pictures on white card, and the kind of look blue.

      Delete
  2. I am a newbie to Color Burst - having a rough time with those poofs of excess pigment that seem to waft off, off of my targeted paper! These specimens are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma