When sorting through my stash I came across a very strangely shaped bit of card and a stick. Who knows why I originally kept these, but I thought mask (as you do). A totally impractical make/mask, but I had such fun and I guess that really the point of crafting.
I backed the card on to a bit of board to give it some extra strength and attached the stick. Then I painted the whole thing with paynes grey acrylic. Once that was dry I took some tissue paper that I had stamped over with black archival ink and a speckled background stamp (I think it was speckled, from The Artistic Stamper)screwed it up into a ball so it was all creased and then glued it to the card with a gel medium.
Once that was dry I painted over the top with Decoarts Quinacridone gold. I also coated with Decoarts black antiquing cream, wiping it back with a baby wipe.
The flowers were cut from tissue paper and brown paper using theTim Holtzs tattered floral die. I then sprayed and painted them, stamping over the top.
I added beads to the centres, and layered up the flowers, I like to add five or six layers.
before screwing them up and leaving them to dry
After opening the flowers out and adding some more from my stash, I positioned them where I wanted them on the base. I decided at this point to die cut some leaves, which I painted green and stamped over.
Once I was happy, I glued everything in place with more gel medium and added some metal charms.
I never normally do this, but below is a picture of my most favourite person, messing about with my new creation. In his words its silly awesome.
Thank you for reading