Wow! so happy to be here and be able to say we have a new challenge on the We Love to Create Blog. They like to keep things nice and simple over there and the new challenge, challenge #11 is Anything Goes/ Mixed Media Goes. There is a chance for one lucky winner to receive a prize from our generous sponsor Premium Art Brands.
Not only is this my first post for We Love to create, but it was also my first real play with Pan Pastel products. First impressions are that I absolutely love them, they were so easy to use, although I will have to learn to be nicer to my applicators (oops!). I am looking forward to learning more about this versatile product, and hope to bring some of you along for the journey.
The first thing I had to try was stencilling, as it's one of my favourite things to do. I cut a piece of card to fit my card blank and laid a stencil over the top. over the stencil, I applied some Magenta Shade and Light Blue Pan Pastels. Blending over the top with a large sponge to blend and mix the colours together. On two book pages, I stamped out two large flowers with archival ink and the words it's all perspective. To colour the flowers I added a layer of Titanium white and build layers or Magenta Shade and Violet on top. I used a lot more Violet than Magenta on the flowers. Once I have glued everything in place I went around all the edges with a black Stabilo pencil.
I am really getting back into making these notebooks. They make such handy gifts for people especially if you're like me and leave it to the last minute to find/make a gift.
* I cut my chipboard for inside the cover to the sizes I needed
* Then I cut files down to size for the pages, once they are cut I glue them together. I like to weigh these down with something heavy while they dry to keep everything together.
* The covers were made from a sheet of A3 card which I decorated with stamps, stencils, paints and sprays. The sprays I used will always react to water so I made sure to seal them after I was finished.
* Cut the card down to fit the chipboard pieces and glue together to form the cover. Punch holes and attach the ribbon for the closure and then glue the pages in place.
I love watching the Art Sherpaa, Cinnamon Cooney. It's my little guilty pleasure as I often watch, but very rarely do I bother to get my paints out and have a go. I have learnt so much watching these videos and I am sure I would learn a whole heap more if I actually painted along.
When I do join in I like to paint along in my journal and tend to go completely off track, Cinnamon will say do this to make this wonderful effect and I, for example, will do a quicker circle with a bottle top that just happens to be next to me on the table. I really must try to focus more next time.
I made this card using the leftover piece from a different card I had made, which I posted recently. All I did was cut the piece in small squares which I glued into place on the card blank and doodled around with a black pen.
I have a new card to share with you all using a page from a Colorista Colouring pad, I really enjoy colouring on this pad, but hate the idea of leaving them in the pad doing nothing so often turn them into cards.
For this card, I used the section of colouring page I had left over, It was coloured in using Spectrum Noir pens. I just mounted the section of the colouring page I had left to a piece of kraft card and doodled/drew in the rest of the image with a black fine point pen.
WOW May already, I feel as if April went by way too fast, a new month means a new challenge over on The Artistic Stampers blog. This month's theme is
It took me a while to work this one out and decide what I wanted to make, In the end, I got stuck on the idea of florals being individual flowers but not wanting to make something with traditional flower images, Then I decided I was making myself freeze creatively by over thinking and I should just have fun with the them. So I turned the Lightbulb stamp into flowers.
I cut a piece of card to fit my card blank and covered it with a layer of purple paint. I laid the floral mask over the top and sponged through some blue paint. Once dry, using black and white paint I stamped different sized circles. All the paints used were Dylusions paints.
After stamping the large lightbulb twice and drawing in some bottoms, I painted them in with a layer of gesso to act as a barrier between the purple and the colour I painted over the top. I also stamped the word smile from the framed words set in three places on the background.
Sorry for the badly out of focus picture, But here I painted a layer of green paint over the light bulb flowers and using a mask I stamped inside the light bulbs with a calligraphy mat stamp and a black ink pad.
I also decided to stamp inside the light bulbs with orange paint and one of Lesley's small flower stamps, and then I scribbled gentle around the light bulbs and the words, to highlight them and help them stand out from the background.
Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to seeing what everyone makes.