Followers

Sunday, 9 July 2017

We Love to Create Challenge #14- Anything Goes/Mixed Media Goes

Challenge #14 has started over on The We Love to Create Blog. The theme is 

ANYTHINGGOES/MIXED MEDIA GOES.

One lucky winner will receive a prize from our generous sponsor Premium Art Brands


I have a card to share with you all today on an 8x8 card blank. I started this card by laying down a very thin layer of Brunt Sienna and Yellow Ochre Pan Pastel. After laying a stencil on top I removed the pastel that was visible with a rubber to reveal the pattern.  I then lay a brick stencil over the top and added more Burnt Sienna over the top. 


I drew in and painted the tree by mixing Burnt Sienna with some gesso and stamped the birds and flowers onto a sperate sheet of card. Using one of the sofft tools I applied colour to the birds and flowers before cutting them out and glueing them in place.


To finish I stamped the text in the corner and then went around almost everything with a black pen.


Thank you for stopping by

Gemma


4 comments:

  1. Stunning card and sweet birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY Pretty card!! (I'd frame it, in fact.) The colors are delicious and I like the contrast of the "angry" little bluebirds, the lovely pink swaying flowers, and the adorable saying up the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma