So it's the 1st of August today and the start of a new challenge theme on The Artistic Stampers blog
This month's theme is
Which is a favorite of mine as we get to see so many types of creative loveliness.
- Spread texture paste, through a mask, remove any texture paste that may have ended up in areas you do not want it.
- Push some beads into the paste for added interest.
- Coat the whole canvas in gesso
- Start spraying your canvas with your chosen colours, I used the orange and yellow from the Dylusions line.
- Not quite sure what happened to the colours in this photo, Sorry.
-Stamp on the canvas with a calligraphy mat and brown ink and blend some ink around the edges.
- Add ink from the Dylusions slate spray in areas around the texture past to highlight it. Only use a little and add water if it becomes to intense.
- Stampe three butterflies onto scrap card and colour them in with the same colours.
-Add extra detail with a white paint pen and cut them out.
- Glue into place on the canvas board after adding a layer of mat medium strength.
-Add more interest by going over areas with the white paint pen, I went over most of the calligraphy script.
What's your favorite challenge themes?